Thursday, August 23, 2012

Where I'm From


Where I’m From


I am from giant bubble blowing
To extreme slides
From obstacle courses
And hopscotch

I am from older cousin best friends
To inheriting new things
From Barbie Dolls to clothes
And helpful advice

I am from kolaches and rholikies
To Indian Tacos
From homemade ice cream and Angel food cake
And croissants with butter

I am from Rice Krispy Bars
To Lemonade
From Nutty Bars
And Mr. Pibb

I am from the 6 on 6 game
To scraped, sweaty knees
From jumping higher than the net
And the perfect bump, set, spike

I am from running up and down the court
To quick footsteps and dribbling
From boxing out and reaching for the ball
And making the right shot

I am from jumping over the hurdles
To landing in the sand with three jumps
From making it over the bar
And getting the hand off to the next person


I am from playing tips
To Kick the Can
From Hide and Seek
To card games

I am from moments that are quite different
To normal things
From sad times
And great moments

1 comment:

  1. I like your poem. I can totally see you. :)

    ReplyDelete