Friday, September 28, 2012

CBL Project


For my CBL project I decided to write about Body Image.  With Body Image, we want to make other teens realize that they don’t have to look like models or celebrities.  With some of the research we’ve done, we’ve found out that many magazines actually edit the people they put in them.  If more people realize this, maybe they won’t have such a high expectation for themselves.  They may also realize that they are perfect just the way they are.
My CBL project is important to me because I know that a lot of girls will always be like, "I wish I looked like that."  What a lot of people don’t know is that almost every picture in magazines is edited.  So I, myself, have seen a small impact on other girls' lives because of photo editing.  I don’t think that girls should have to compare themselves to others.  I believe that if you love the way you are, no one else’s opinions should matter as long as you, yourself, are happy.
            There are many things that I hope to accomplish during this project.  One of the things I hope to accomplish is to make people realize that it’s okay to not look like supermodels.  I also would like to accomplish to somehow make magazines edit photos less or put a few unedited photos in every issue.  I am excited to find out how much of a change, if any, this project will have on other people’s lives.  I think that if we really try, we could make a huge impact on someone’s, or even a lot of people’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment