Friday, March 22, 2013

College Essay


       The car screeches to a halt as I jump out of my car and race to the mailbox.  I grab the stack of mail and run into the house.  “Is today the day?” I anxiously thought to myself, sorting through, looking for my name on a letter.  Finally I found it: a letter from the UNL college.  I opened the letter quickly and started skimming it.  I was accepted into their college!
            I’m only in eighth grade, but going to college has always been a huge dream of mine since I was young.  I’ve always imagined the day of coming home and finding an acceptance letter to UNL, the college I’ve always wanted to go to.  UNL College isn’t only important to me, but it’s also now a history to my family.  My dad and my uncle went to UNL College to make their dreams come true, along with my four cousins, 2 of them still currently students.  I would also love to go to UNL because I know it has a great learning program.  Along with my family history, going to college would still be a great experience. 
            College is important to me because I think it’s very crucial to get a further education.  Also, college can assure me that I can have a well-planned future.  Besides getting more intelligent, college is a great time in my life to learn how to be myself, because my parents won’t always be there telling me what to do or how to help me.  I would have to make my own decisions: it could help me grow up.  College additionally can build people’s character. 
            Every girl dreams the same thing: to grow up, have a family, and live happily ever after.  I’m not saying that I don’t want that, because I do, but I want to make something of myself.  Even though I don’t exactly know what I want to be when I’m older, I think I might want to be a lawyer.  If I ever did want to be a lawyer, I would have to get really good grades and study hard.  It wouldn’t be exactly easy, but it would be possible.  I’m not a person that likes easy things; I like to have a little bit of a challenge, which being a lawyer would give me.
            I image the day of receiving a college application letter over and over in my head.  College is a great place to get a further education for something I enjoy doing.  College could help me grow up and become my own person because it would teach me responsibilities.  To get there I would have to work hard on keeping my grades up.  Going to college has always been a dream of mine; a dream that I would like to become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment