Monday, February 11, 2013

Blindsight


Sometimes the blind can see better than the sighted.
            While watching Blindsight, we all obviously know that the students were blind.  Luckily, not many of us will have to understand the struggles it is to live life being blind.  What I got out of this theme was that the people who don’t have something, will appreciate it more than someone who’s had it all there life.  Like us for example, we see every day and think nothing of it.  We don’t take full advantage of being able to see.  If blind people could see again, I don’t think that they would under-look anything; they would look at the simplest of things.  They could see beauty in the ugliest of things.  What we need to do is see as if we knew you could never see again.
            This theme compares to my own life because I myself over look many things that I shouldn’t take for granted.  I drive down the same road to school everyday, sitting there doing nothing, when really I should look at every single little thing and see something different in it.  The stop sign could be a miniature fire truck, stopping it’s own traffic when people see it.  The dotted lines on the road could be the beating of our own heart.  As I said before, we shouldn’t take being able to see for granted when we could see things in a way we’ve never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment