Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NE Photo Poem


The famous hard skiing trail
On our Nebraskan land
With no snow
Comes up ahead as we all stop

The blazing sun was like fire
On my black boots
Heating the tasteless water in my water bottle
So its not ice cold anymore

I walk to the edge of the even ground
Peering over what seems like
The end of the world
Preparing myself to not fall

Sitting on the edge of the cliff
I gripped the graveled rock
Pulling my arm back like a windup
And throwing as hard as I can

The rock hits the clear blue rapids
Behind the cedar trees’ twisted line
With a quite splash
Ruining the silence

Behind those warped trees
Anything could be there
A smelly people-eating giant
Or a rainbow colored dragon

My stomach stated snarling
Concluding that I was hungry
So I grabbed the unopened box
Of chocolate-y oatmeal cream pies

Standing slightly sideways in the silence
I realized the cliff could be like a sanctuary
Calming all my senses 
And at an instant giving me a place to think



No comments:

Post a Comment