Thursday, December 20, 2012

First and Last Lines Poem


An album of unbearable photos lay in the living room corner
I said “You look pathetic,
Sitting there like the whole world has been destroyed.”
And she was crying
Crying like a hurricane
She still sits there
Crying
Obviously trying to ignore
What I’ve just said

I look at her
I haven’t really thought about
What she always did before
Before the incident
Before the storm

Her garden was destroyed
A year after her husband died
All she did was plant flowers
And think about her husband

Its wasn’t like her flower
Walked away
Her flowers were ripped out
Like someone was performing surgery

Her garden was her escape
Her garden was like her whole world
I now realize what that garden
Meant to her
I take back everything I’ve said.

No comments:

Post a Comment